Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recover firewall installation on Windows 7 Home Premimum 64bit

Because of some reasons, my laptop's Windows 7 Home Preminum firewall and DHCP client service can not be started with "error 5: access is denied" message. After search, I find many persons have similar problems have to reinstall whole window system. It is really frustrated that I have to reinstall my windows and reconfigure all applications. After searching and try, I finally successfully recovered my Windows 7 system. Here are steps I follow,

1) Open a Command Prompt as administrator and run the following command to check which service failure.

a. netsh advfirewall reset
b. net start mpsdrv
c. net start bfe
d. net start mpssvc
e. regsvr32 firewallapi.dll

2) Following the instruction from Microsoft to solve the access denied error one by one.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943996/en-us

3) Running follow command to fix DHCP client service if DHCP still can not start.

net localgroup administrators localservice /add
net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

4) Open windows event viewer check system log and make sure there is nor error message there.

I guess I got this problem because I shutdown my laptop during the process of uninstall citrix VPN client for windows 7 64bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment