Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Windows 7 recovery and MBA fixing

I am unlucky! My laptop's hard driver is damaged when I tried to re-run assessment in my windows 7 and cancel it after I heard terrible strange noise coming out from my laptop. Probably, the hard drive has not been physically damaged. However, I can not read the data from this seagate 2.5" driver after i put it in an external USB or eSATA enclosure.

Anyway, I replaced a new 2.5" hard driver for my laptop. Before I restore Windows 7 system to the laptop, I installed Fedora on it to see if its motherboard has no problem. However, after doing this, Windows restore DVD (created by Gateway backup) can not recognize the right size of new hard driver. It always shows 0 size. Then, I do the following steps to restore the Windows 7,

1) put the hard driver into a external closure and connect to another Visa machine.

2) Using the Disk Management tool from Computer Management to format the new hard driver.

3) Put back the new hard driver and restore Windows 7 on the laptop.

4) However, the system can not been boot up yet. I have to continue work.

5) download and make a Windows 7 64 bit Recovery CD and run the below command to fix the MBA. Particularly, I have to add option "f" to successfully reset MBA.

bootsect.exe /nt60} C: /force] /mbr 

No comments:

Post a Comment